Friday, November 06, 2009

oooh looky here.



I know, I know, it's been an age since I last updated this blog. I didn't think anyone really missed it until I recently received a few emails asking me what the address of it was so they could check out our latest happenings. It seems maybe someone cares after all.

There's been a lot going on but all of that can be compacted into one sentence; we spent a lot of time trying to buy a house and then finally bought one.

It's amazing how much time that process can take up really. Just prior to us buying a house we had a wonderful visit from Grandma Mary who flew all the way over from the US to help us celebrate Henry's 5th birthday. While she was here we spent a week at the Bunya Mountains, relaxing and communing with nature. The very weekend after we waved her off we put an offer on a house, it was accepted and then life became a little stressful.

We're relatively settled in now. We have most of our funiture stored in the large "man shed" in the back yard and we're trying to complete odd jobs around here (see Henry mowing grass above) as we find time. It's kind of never ending and no job ever feels complete but I'm guessing life is going to be like that for some time so I just need to relax about it a little.

Henry starts school next year and yesterday we picked up his uniforms. He is very, very proud of the way he looks (see photo above) and can't wait until Christmas is over and done with so he can start making plans to play with all that wonderful stuff in the classroom.

I plan to write here more often now that I've rediscovered it. Later I'll provide a much more informative post but for now, I have to go set up a machine gun on the lounge so Henry and his friends can blow away the plastic army men lying all over it.

3 comments:

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

All I can say is, YAY!!!!!!

Churlita said...

Hooray! i just bought a house too. I close on the 19th of November. So exciting and scary both.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone..
a found a great place to find nice products at discounted rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]discount coupon[/url]
Have Fun