Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Big Three

Henry turned three yesterday. We didn't do much in the way of celebration because when you're three you really only care that someone has provided presents and cake and candles. That's all Henry wanted. For days leading up to his birthday he kept saying "I'm two, for my birthday I want presents and cake and candles." So we obliged.


I had tried to make a cake (using a packet mix because while I can cook I can't bake) and I failed. In the words of Ben's mother - it was a bad mix. It must have been out of date or someone had tampered with the ingredients. It was a miserable excuse for a cake and so I rang my mother. She who has the answer to everything came up with this. Just whipped it up in two seconds flat.



When it came time to eat it though he wasn't really interested. He just wanted to blow out the candles and sing Happy Birthday about ten times over because at the end everyone cheered for him and it made him feel ten feet tall.


There was no huge party, only family around to share in the excitement with him and that was more than enough. He was exhausted by 5.30PM and took himself to bed after declaring that he was tired and needed to sleep. I wasn't far behind.

Happy Birthday Henry!

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Happy Birthday Henry! I loved it when they were young enough not to have other kids over for their birthdays.

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

Happy Birthday Henry!

From the pictures, it looks as though you did pretty well for your special day.

Owen loved the cake :)