Friday, April 11, 2008

Bamboo Energy



This morning, just when I was wondering what I could do to entertain Henry, I got a text message from Carla. She was heading to the Botanical Gardens to entertain her own children there. She invited us along. Perfect! My brain was able to relax because it had been given an answer my other brain did not have to seek out.

As always Carla and I discuss the difficulties of parenting small children. She has two small children and I only have one small child but still the difficulties are the same. We sometimes remember to say how nice they are too. She's decided that the only way to get any peace for part of the day is to take her children out and tire them out. I'm the same. If Henry is bored for even two minutes my life is hell. Sometimes I am already sick of hearing the word "Mum" by 6AM. The word is usually accompanied by a bored sounding groan. It's similar to a cat who hasn't been fed for a few hours. It's "Muuuummmm" followed by leg hanging. It's nice to be so loved but not so nice when you're trying to take care of morning ablutions - the time when EVERYONE deserves privacy.

Charli and Henry greated each other with the biggest of hugs as though they hadn't seen each other for almost a century. Henry, whose energy is never depleted, had climbed several rocks, swung from some bamboo and swum across the lake by the time Charli warmed up. By then Zie was getting ready to sleep so we had to leave.

On the way home we stopped by the local barber to have Henry's hair trimmed. Despite my telling the guy that I didn't want short back and sides that's what he got. He looks like an army sergeant now. I won't be taking orders from him.

2 comments:

Shaz said...

sounds like a good day!

Churlita said...

I love to wear them down when they're younger. When they're older, being tired just means that they roll their eyes more often