Monday, June 09, 2008

Best $99 I ever spent

I had to get out of town for the weekend. After all it was a long one and I had originally planned to head to my home town to join in the World's Greatest Pub Crawl...only to help boost the numbers of course and keep them number one. That was proving to be too difficult to organise so I headed up the coast with the kids instead to see some friends who have recently moved there. Since they now live only one block from the beach, have a fully stocked liquor cabinet and access to the best prawns I've ever tasted, they will from now on be known as My Best Friends and I will be spending so much more quality time with them than ever before. They deserve it.

The only downside to the weekend was the weather. It didn't stop raining. It wasn't enough though to stop us from enjoying ourselves immensely. On the way up there I decided to stop off and buy a portable DVD player just to make the trip a little quieter by keeping Henry entertained. That turned out to be the best money I have ever spent in my entire life. It came in handy too while I was busy taste testing several new wines and eating the best prawns I have ever eaten. The free Dora the Explorer DVD that came with it is now all worn out.

We did get to the beach late Friday afternoon briefly and then my friend and I headed to the surfclub to taste test some local beers while Maya and his wife (my other best friend) took Henry home for a hot bath. Since he won $360 on the pokies he decided to add to his liquor collection on the way home and we continued to live it up as only the luckiest of us can. All in all it was a lovely, relaxing weekend full of sea air, great company and new wines.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

I'm so jealous. it rains here all the time and we don't live by the ocean or eat prawns.

Shaz said...

sounds like a great weekend!