Saturday, May 19, 2007

When Nana is way better than Mama

Henry spent Thursday night with my mother. He'd been there all day with her while I went to work. When I went to collect him he didn't want to come home. He outrightly refused. "No I'm staying at Nana's house tonight, Mum". So I left him and returned to collect him early for swimming lessons the following morning. I found them eating breakfast, having just woken at 8AM. Henry loudly proclaimed that he wasn't going to swimming lessons either because he was staying with Nana. I had to almost force his swimming costume on him and drag him out the door. As soon as swimming lessons were over he insisted on going back there because he just had to "tell Nana about swimming lessons". We stopped in and had a cup of tea and he overheard me telling her that I needed to get some things from the shop. Before I had even finished he said "bye mum, see you soon" waved me off and ran out to play with his cars.

So I left him there again while I went to the shops and when I returned to collect him this time he still refused to come home with me. I had to bribe him with a small toy I had bought while at the shops to get him in the car. Ever since then he will not do anything without having to tell Nana about it or ask her first if it's ok. Before bed last night he had to call Nana to say good night. He wouldn't eat breakfast this mornning without saying he had to ask Nana if he could have it. Even ice cream deserves a good telling to Nana.

Henry would be quite happy if I dropped dead and he had to live there like, forever.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, that is sooo cute!!!

I must say I've never experienced that. Xave has always been a "Mummy's Boy".

Churlita said...

That's so sweet. I wish my oldest daughter had been like that. she had separation anxiety until she was in junior high.

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

That sounds exactly like Owen.
What's sooo good about Nana's hu?!

Shaz said...

Yep, although Mim spends three days a week at Mumma's, she'll ask to go over to visit anytime we are close to the area. And loves Nana's as well (she has the pool and the park)!