Friday, August 08, 2008

It's just what you do






When the kids and life in general are wearing you out you run away to the bush and you stay there with a girlfriend for an entire weekend and return home hopefully feeling a little more relaxed.

At least that's what Carla and I did last weekend. At first I was a little disappointed because our cabin for the weekend was a little unluxurious (I know this is not a real word so don't go sending me comments to point this out). There was only two wine glasses, one a martini glass and the other a champagne flute which both looked as though they'd been stolen from the nearest pub. The cooking facilities weren't so crash hot either and it took me the entire weekend to get the fire alight in the wood heater. The good far outweighed the bad though as the shower was steaming hot, the beds were comfortable and the peace and quiet of the mountain made up for anything that was lacking. We had no choice anyway as the whole mountain was booked out.

I'm hoping I can get to do it again sometime very soon.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

It looks lovely.