Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I am bone tired

You know the kind of tired that sinks into your bones and gets you to the point where you feel you can't quite move because your body just wants to sleep or at least stop dead still for maybe an hour or two.

I feel like I have no right to complain because there is always someone else who will be more tired, more worried, with many more things to be concerned about than me but just for this once I'm going to do it because it's going to make me feel better for maybe a minute or two and that will be enough to get me to drag my butt out to the kitchen to cook dinner.

I've been on the go, literally, for two weeks now. My trip to Cairns was not in the least relaxing despite the fact that I had a hotel room and a remote control all to myself. I put in very long days and clocked up over 1000 klms of driving. I got home and packed the car to head to Maryborough to celebrate my nephew's 18th birthday and then drove home again the next day. Then it was straight back to work Monday morning and the work I put in up north now has added to my workload back here. I only have three days per week but those three days are jammed pack.

Tomorrow I'm heading away for a few days with Carla. I'm so looking forward to it and I'm hoping the children will all behave themselves enough to give both Carla and I a break. If not I will book myself into a respite centre for a month to recover.

No comments: