Monday, August 07, 2006

The Town with no water

My flat leaf parsely has never looked this good!

...nor my camelias


For a city with water in short supply and very strict water restrictions as a result, Toowoomba can still produce flowers and fruit in abundance. I was quite surprised to see how green and lush it is despite the fact that no one has been able to water their plants with anything more than a 10 litre bucket for a year or more now. This city is really very pretty and has the most beautiful buildings and homes.

I wasn't there as a tourist though I was there to celebrate my sisters' birthday. We had a lovely time despite Maya suffering from fever for most of the time we were there. We had dinner and a shared a few glasses of wine and tall tales with some friends, ate rich Tasmanian cheeses, pate, chocolate and strawberries. We continued that on Sunday with a trip to the flea market to pick up some farm fresh produce and then topped that with lunch at an Italian restuarant where the meals are so huge you don't need to eat for three days after.




No comments: