Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hit and Run

Since seeing Joe Camilleri playing at the Countdown Spectacular the other night my husband has become obsessed with the song he was famous for in about 1978 when he played with Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons - Hit and Run. I have heard that song more times in the last week than I have at any other time in my life. When he gets up in the morning he plays it. When he comes home from work he plays it. Before he goes to bed he plays it. He even tries to dance like Joe Camilleri did in his countdown filmclip.

When I remarked that he may soon be sick of it he replied " No I won't. It's like sushi or KFC, you just don't get sick of it".

I may live through this current obsession but I'm not sure I'll ever get the image of him attempting to dance just like Joe Camilleri does out of my head, because just like Joe Camilleri my husband dances so infrequently that it's kind of like watching someone pluck the hairs on their legs with a pair of tweezers that don't quite meet when pinched together. Painful and frustrating.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Oh, I know someone who dances just like that.

Funny at first - but gets rather painful and frustrating.

Some people just have no sense of rhythm.

Carla said...

hey that would be my husband!!! :)