Sunday, December 31, 2006

Crappy New Year

I sure hope the crap that was floating around the bathroom floor and computer room downstairs earlier today is 2006's way of saying "smell ya later".

After we farewelled my sister and her children, who had stayed overnight, Ben went down to his computer room and soon after came running upstairs and announced there was a disaster. The floor was covered in water and floaty bits. We hastily put Henry to bed and started the mop up while trying not to gag. Not sure what went wrong but that is the third such incident since we've lived here. The bathroom downstairs rarely gets used and the plumber says the pipe that flows over is connected to the kitchen plumbing so something is going wrong somewhere. With a bit of luck we can move sometime soon. Just waiting for the lotto win that is coming my way.

The only good thing to come from it was a trip to the dump to get rid of some bits and pieces that were just taking up space anyway. Nothing important was ruined and thankfully no water got into any electrical appliances.

I will take this opportunity to kiss 2006 goodbye and enjoy the rest of my anniversary/ New Year's Eve with my husband and child. I may even polish off the vodka.

Wishing all of you the very best for 2007. May the weather be kind to you, the money tree abundant and the good cheer flow lashingly.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That sounds awful.

Happy New Year to you and your family! I'm hoping for no more such incidences for you guys next year.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess 2006 really had to go out with a bang. Smell ya later indeed. I hope things have improved since then for all of you.
- Jess

Libby said...

Wishing you and yours a year of sweetness in 2007.