Friday, May 09, 2008

Busted Whoopee Cushion

Whoa! Look at me, two posts in one day! I had something on my mind and it occurred to me that perhaps there are other people in the world who are as insane as me sometimes. I occasionally get these irrational thoughts of having to be super organised. I only sometimes have these thoughts because usually I am so "take it as it comes" and life gets a bit crazy as a result.

Anyway I had just opened the refrigerator to find all manner of half eaten left overs. All of them still perfectly eatable but by next week they won't be. Suddenly I thought I had better get rid of everything in the fridge because, you know, I might be starting my new job for real next week and well, all this fridge stuff will be in the way and I might never get a chance to clean it up, EVER!

Then I panicked about the enormous pile of ironing lying on my spare sofa, right in the middle of the loungeroom, right where I can see it. I wondered if I should manically start ironing but then I just walked right past it. I did nothing about that panicky thought and as soon as I had moved away I had a panicky thought about how dirty the floor is. I've been so caught up in having no job and believing I'll have time for it tomorrow that nothing has been done. I know I've said in my previous posts that I've been doing this stuff but I lied. I haven't done any of it. There's stuff that needs to be done and I've not done any of it!

I have been busy job hunting and catching up on talking to my friends by email who are probably going to be so happy that I have a job to go to and will not have the time to harass them with written words of nothing. They'll probably throw a party.

I sat on the whoopee cushion too hard and busted it. It's no longer funny.

No comments: