Sunday, April 02, 2006

Monopoly Scandal

Maya's bored and wants me to take her out somewhere. Somewhere that requires we spend money. Since we dont' have any I've been using that to back up my argument against going to the shops. She says she's happy to go window shopping but I know she won't be. I suggested we play a game of scrabble but she chose monopoly. There we were having a great time with Maya acting as Real Estate agent and me as banker. I racked up a huge debt with the bank buying properties in the first 15 minutes. As Real estate agent Maya thought she would deprive me of the deeds to the properties until all debts had been paid off. I argued that she was essentially withholding my potential to earn an income and therefore my ability to repay my debts. I talked her into handing over a couple of them and of course once she started landing on them and having to pay me rent she decided she was bored with the game. Sigh! Back to the shopping argument. In a huff she went to the kitchen and pulled out the jar of pickled onions and a toothpick and scoffed the whole lot. Who wants to go shopping with her now!

No comments: