Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Salon Fined

I'm back from my Easter sojourn but I'm way too tired right now to tell you of all the exciting things we got up to because I feel like I've been awake for 5 days. I haven't had much sleep but that is not my own fault. It's because of my adorable children. Henry had so much fun he decided not to sleep much and then he had a night of fighting off a fever and then last night, after getting up at 4am to drive home from Maryborough I spent most of the night at the hospital with Maya who had screamingly bad stomach pains which could not be explained. She seems fine today but I WANT SOME SLEEP! The fun stuff will come later but in the meantime I had to share this with you.

Do you remember me writing about my experience with the hair dressers who wanted to charge me more than my voucher said it would? Well it turns out another store in their chain was fined $1500 for false advertising. I can now write the name of the chain because it's been officially written in our Sunday paper. It was PROCUTS. It was the Forest Lake store who copped the fine but I feel they should all be fined.

The story goes like this. "Salon customers were led to believe they could pay $10 for a cut and shampoo but when it came time to pay the salon refused to honour the voucher, saying it was valid for a trim, not a cut". (this is what they told me....Is there a difference?)
"The Office of Fair Trading took action against the salon after receiving complaints from disgruntled customers".

Idiots.

More from me after I've slept for five days to catch up on the five days I haven't slept.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Cut the article out and put it up on the notice-board at the local shopping centre where you got your hair cut.

Or perhaps just take a clipping in to the salon and leave it on the counter.

I bet you felt a certain sense of satisfaction after reading the paper that day.

Claire said...

You bet I felt a great deal of satisfaction after that. I was thinking of doing just that...taking it to the store and leaving it on the counter. I noticed yesterday that they haven't changed their signage. It still says you can have a haircut, shampoo and blowdry for $20.

Libby said...

They probably don't even know about it.