Friday, June 08, 2007

It'll be just like the days before kids

I'm off to boost the numbers of this over the weekend. Don't anyone go getting all mother's don't do such things on me because they do. Sometimes.

Since I'm unable to cope with anymore than two glasses of wine these days I doubt very much that I'll indulging heavily but it's not about the drinking, it's about winning back the title from Britain.

My mother is coming along to stay at my sister's house and babysit all the children and she only too well understands that we parents need to have time out to indulgently hang out in pubs. Just like we were still 20. And childless. And with nothing else to spend out money on other than boozing it up at the local boozer.

Just in case I choose to have more than two glasses of wine and can actually make it to three without puking I will be taking along some Berocca's and a bag full of snacks to help with the hangover I may possibly have the following day.

My sister who can't cope with more than 1 glass of wine says it's the best fun ever. Mostly just because there's people who get dressed up in ridiculous costumes and do nothing but make fools of themselves after they've drunk so much they can no longer stand up straight. That'll be the highlight for me.

While we're there Henry will get to sit on the stationary ride on mower for several hours and his weekend will be complete. Maya will spend time with her girl cousins down behind the shed talking about boys. Sounds like a perfect weekend for everyone.

1 comment:

Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

Go on, have 4 glasses - one for me too please :)
Here's to an excellent crawl!