Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh the suffering



For those of you whose children have not yet reached their teens...this is what you have to look forward to.

Practice trying to get your children to appreciate rice while you still can.

I hope you didn't think it was going to be easy.

Just to prove my point...Maya came home yesterday with a pair of Sass and Bide jeans given to her by her half sister who is young, beautiful and still lives at home giving her money to spend on such luxuries as a pair of jeans that look just like any other but cost possibly three times as much. All it did was make her say the following line to me with her pinky finger poised for linking with mine - "I'm going to buy a pair of Sass and Bide skinnies and then I promise, pinky promise that I won't buy anything else and will save my money".

Of course I refused to link pinkies because she's said that before.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

It's so hard to be a teenager and want really expensive things.