Friday, February 08, 2008

Wild Duck



We're babysitting this wild duck for my niece while she is on holiday in New Zealand. My nephew found it abandoned in the bush and took it home. My niece has spent almost every waking moment with it since. It's cute but timid. I think it loves my niece more than it loves me. Henry has been very gentle with it and we've taken it out and let it swim in a large tub of water which it seems to like but I don't know what to feed it. It doesn't seem to like the seed my niece left. Last time we saw it, when it was just a wee thing, she was feeding it some kind of ground meal stuff and it liked that. I've given it bread but I know this is not good for it.

I will just hope and pray that it's still alive by the time she returns because she will howl and cry for days if it's not.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Aw. How cute. Now I want a pet duckling.