Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Beach Beckons


So we're off to Rainbow Beach for the rest of the week. Ben's not coming. He says he wants to but I think he's secretly looking forward to coming home from work and being able to sit on the couch and drink beer with no one to bother him. He won't have to do any dishes until Thursday night before I come home either. He'll be in heaven.

I wish there were people you could hire to come pack your stuff for you when you go on hols. It's taken me three days of listmaking to get halfway organised. We're staying in a house where you must supply your own linen and food and that in itself takes up more than half the car. Of course as I've packed the stuff Henry's unpacked it which means it all got packed twice and sometimes three times. He's also suddenly developed some obsession with the tissues and takes a handful and blows his nose on them, scrunches them up and then insists on putting them in the bin which is hidden in side the cupboard. He stands at the cupboard which has childproof locks on it and slams it until someone comes and lets him at it. One must stop whatever one is doing immediately and grant him his wish otherwise there is no let up. God it's going to be a fun week. The rest of my family are already there. We'll probably all want to kill each other by the end of it. I'll have to take long walks on the beach several times a day. It's pouring with rain here right now and is, I imagine, at Rainbow Beach. Oh fun!

We will pick up Maya from the airport just after lunch and head off. We've all missed her. Her griping and complaining and asking for stuff. No really I've missed her a lot. Henry's missed her a lot. She's missed Henry. She's called to talk to him a few times but he just listens intently and says nothing.


Anyway he's asleep so I'm going to pack the car while I can.

1 comment:

Carla said...

have fun michelle, henry and maya. i hope the weather improves. nice hot days and lovely cool stormy nights!! see you soon!!