Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's being reviewed...........

I found out today that the Residential Tenancy Act is currently under review. I sent an email with my thoughts to both the Residential Tenants Union and the Minister for Housing, Public Works and Racing. The Residential Tenants Union asked for input from tenants on their website and had a special email address for sending your thoughts to be considered during the review. I sent an email to them and got a reply saying "We can't offer advice by email and perhaps you'd like to forward your thoughts to the Minister for Housing who is currently conducting a review of the Act" Well der! I thought that's what they were just asking for on their website - INPUT. I hadn't once in my email asked them for advice or help of any kind. Of course I got the polite and short reply from the Minister's senior advisors also thanking me for my thoughts and they MAY be considered during the review. BIG WOOP!!!

It's all just a publicity stunt by them all. At the end of the day they really don't care. They just need to look like they do.

No wonder people resign themselves to the fact that nothing they do or say will change anything and accept things just the way they are. Nobody likes a troublemaker or one who starts to question why things are the way they are. I already feel beat.

2 comments:

Libby said...

The whole Real Estate Industry needs a good clean up. It is full of dodgy bastards no matter where you look!!!

Claire said...

Yes it does. I totally agree. We pay their morgtages so that at the end of the day they are far better off than most and we do that for a long time and we get no thanks and have no righs. Any other business arrangements are bound by regulations and laws, most of which say the customer should be first priority. We are able to question their values and have our say but not with a rental situation. I've had better service at my local convenience store!