Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Style Cut update

It just occurred to me to let you know how I went with my "hair/style/trim/cut..whatever".

When I walked in the door they remembered me and were all super cool towards me. All except the girl who did the shampoo. She wasn't there the day I discussed the cost of the haircut so she was very nice and gave me the most wonderful massage while she shampooed. When it came time for the cut the hairdresser hadn't relaxed and was determined to make sure I knew she felt some disdain towards me. When she asked me what I would like done her words came out muffled and sounded something like this: "Sooooo, painful, questioning customer, what were you thinking you'd like done today?" (chin pointed down and eyes rolled heavenwards).
I told her I just wanted a trim. She took a deep breath and I could tell she was about to launch into some rampage about what a trim might be but she must have let it pass and thought better of it. She cut away and as she was doing so I asked her exactly what I was expected to pay today. She told me it would cost me $30. I again reminded her that the voucher said only $20 and that was all I was willing to pay. By this time I was so determined but would probably have still been happy to pay the $30 but it was the priniciple of the thing and I wasn't about to let it go. She let out an enormous sigh and said "ok". She just wanted to get rid of me and get me out of there. I could tell. But her disdain seemed to dissolve because in the end she gave me a great hair cut and we had a lovely and fun conversation and I only paid $20.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I am so proud of your assertiveness Michelle - I am way too easily intimidated by that kind of situation - or maybe I'm just too apathetic to fight for what is rightfully mine - either way I applaud you!!