Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Today marks the first anniversary of my first post. Well not by actual date but by Melbourne Cup race day. Yes it was that time of year again today and I'm proud to say that I won a total of $6 if you take out what I had to spend in order to win it. I choose my winners based on who is paying the most money. Of course that doesn't mean they are the favourites but precisely the opposite. Since the Melbourne Cup is the hardest race to pick a winner in I figure it doesn't matter who I bet on and going for the highest odds means that if I do back a winner I'll be further out in front than I otherwise would have been. This morning before swimming lessons and after watching out for the odds on the TV I went and placed my bets. When I did this the horse who ended up winning was paying $108 for a win. By the time it actually won it was down to only $17 and that is what I won as I only placed a $1 bet for a win or place.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

Congratulations on both things!