Saturday, November 25, 2006

San Francisco - Love Ya Gutz





This is not San Francisco (well der) but it is downtown Caxton Street, Paddington. This is where we just heard Melissa J Evans, sing a little ditty she wrote about San Francisco. She was launching her new CD. She personally signed the one I bought - "You're a legend, Love Ya Gutz!" Ben suggested she just sign it over to ebay so it can more easily be flogged off when she becomes a megastar but I wanted something a little more personal. Love ya Gutz is it.


She just gets better and better. Her songs of love, sorrow, friendship and sometimes even misery are haunting, soulful and funny all at the same time.

3 comments:

Carla said...

love the sepia shots chelle - very arty!!

The Adventures of Two Nice Girls said...

hey there... i've joined up, just so i can talk about myself! Thanks for the photos they are beaut! You must write a bit of a blog about the price of drinks at Happy Hour... or as the case maybe unhappy hour!!! Saturday was great I have had soo many positives comments about the launch, it's such a buzz!Say Hi to rest of the tribe for me, and tell Ben I'm polishing up my Skyhooks songs for next time.. M

Claire said...

Hey welcome mjeeeee. You're very welcome. You deserve ALL the positive comments you receive. You are a legend. I've been listening to the CD in the car. Even Henry appreciates it. Women in Uniform should definitely be on the cards. Every great musician should have a cover and this should be yours.