Thursday, February 02, 2006

Do Not Answer The Phone

Maya has a new boyfriend and I'm not allowed to answer the phone in case he calls. That would be WAY embarrassing!

Thank God he hasn't called yet. I've been running to beat her to the phone just so I can say "Hey, is this Luke? I'm Maya's mum and she's told me sooooo much about you".

I bought some new clothes for my new job. Maya says I now look like a 4WD Mum. Casual but classy. I always thought she hated 4WD mums but suddenly they look just fine or at least better than the "superdaggy" mum I apparently used to be. Personally I'd rather look "superdaggy" than anything resembling a 4WD Mum so the clothes may have to go back.

2 comments:

Libby said...

I'm one of those sad, pathetic 4WD mum's. At least mine is a try-hard, wanna-be 4WD. It looks like a Tonka toy.

I got left it in the divorce. Along with the revolting repayments each month.

Xave reckons I look 'hot' in it. Too funny!

Claire said...

There is a particular species of 4WD mum in the world and that is the species I don't want to resemble. I shouldn't have been so general. I hope you weren't offended. If so I apologise. When I get out of our beat up volvo or the tiny somewhat beat up hyundai I can't possibly look like a 4WD mum. Funny that our kids want us to look like that though. There's a cafe near us that Maya calls the 4WD Mum Cafe The expensive 4WD's and the expensive baby prams are all lined up on the street. I guess I'm just jealous.