Monday, February 13, 2006

Frivolous Blood Giving

I donated blood on Saturday. I have been getting over it ever since. This was the first time in almost 3 years that I had donated. I used to be a regular donor. I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. My friend, a nurse, suggested I "not be so frivolous in my blood giving". She suggested I think about it next time before just saying yes so readily. "Blood is precious" she said. I should eat some dried apricots and almonds until I feel better. She also once told me that angry people don't have beautiful gardens.

2 comments:

Carla said...

what a wealth of advice - on bloody giving and garden beauty!! :) sorry to hear you're still recovering, but giving blood is important, good for you, I should do it more often now I'm not preg.

Libby said...

I have a beautiful garden ;-)

I'm with you Carla, I need to go give blood more often too. I even carry my blood donor card in my purse. But I haven't used it in about 8 years.

Well done Michelle.