Monday, April 23, 2007

I need my belt



Believe it or not this is box is a car. Made for Henry by Sissy. She put straps on it so that Henry can step into it and pull the straps over his shoulders, get a paper plate to use as a steering wheel, pack his things into it and drive.



You've all heard of his obsession with Fireman Sam. Since he realised that Fireman Sam wears a black belt on his fireman uniform Henry has insisted that he also have one. He puts on his belt and gets into his car or runs outside to zoom around, pushing his trolley which doubles as a Fire truck and puts out fires. He can do this for hours.

He's also taken to telling me that he can't do things I ask him to because "I'm a bit busy right now". Obviously he's heard me say that during the five minutes per day that I don't spend with him because I'm busy going to the toilet.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Nice belt. He looks like a master of martial arts in it.

Carla said...

yes I've heard a parent's worst enemy is themselves with phrases such as 'in a minute' that come back to bite you on the bum.... charli has started in with the 'soon' in a singsong voice whenever i ask her to do something!!

Shaz said...

That little tape recorder never gets turned off! I unfortunately made a comment about my eldest daughter moving the icons around on the computer without realizing Mim was in the room... until I heard "Caity wucking round with 'puter?" from behind me! And how have you managed time alone in the toilet? Hasn't Henry discovered that pushing a stool or chair to the desired doorknob will cure that?