Friday, April 06, 2007

What's so good about Good Friday?

Well for a start I managed to make my mother happy by going to family day at church with her even though I was tired because I'd been up half the night throwing stones at the possums who must have been fighting off male suitors through the night on the roof right above our bedroom. Of course there was lots of talk at church about how one cannot be complete without Jesus but he was obviously feeling generous because I left with a free bag of Brumby's chocolate hot cross buns.

My mother also has a new car, a very fancy electronic seat type new car. I got to drive it home from church because, well I guess Jesus was feeling very, very generous. Henry hadn't yet seen the car but had heard about and given his obsession with all things with wheels he insisted on being taken for a drive back to Nana's house in it after she dropped me home. He got strapped into the luxurious leather seats and was whisked off with Nana and Richie and treated royally at their home for a couple of hours while Ben and I whipped around the floors with the vacuum cleaner. I know, I know, I can hear the jealousy in your voices. I am sooooo lucky!

Later I dropped Maya and her friends to the movies and after collecting Henry on the way home and borrowing my mother's long handled tree trimmers we chopped back some overgrown bushes. Now we have an enormous pile of tree branches that we are considering dumping in the jungle of the empty home next door. I'm sure they wouldn't notice what with the pile of uncollected mail and the family of mountain lions that have moved in.

Henry, who hadn't slept all day fell asleep on the couch at 5PM, Maya left with a friend for a sleepover and Ben went off to parts unknown to service the computer of an online gambler. That was my cue to crack open a bottle of wine and start...well you know...drinking.

Henry is all excited about the impending Easter Bunny visit but fortunately he does not yet understand the whole concept of marketing and the need to improve profit margins by placing Easter eggs in the supermarkets immediately after Christmas,so the Easter Bunny has left me with only one chocolate bunny and two small eggs to leave in his Easter nest.

Happy Easter everyone.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

It sounds like a great day. I live in a duplex and the upstairs occupants sound like they must have opossums too...Or they just get a lot more action than I do.