Saturday, January 31, 2009

Flat Turkey Chicken

The other day Henry asked me if we had any "Flat Turkey Chicken". I wasn't sure what he meant and so questioned him until I realised he was in fact talking about shaved turkey breast.

"You know, the kind of turkey chicken that's flat"

At this point it could have been either but since we'd recently had shaved turkey several times which he devoured like a kid who'd only ever been fed lentils I deduced that this is indeed what he meant.

I told him I'd add it to my shopping list so I did. "Flat turkey chicken" went right on there right below "toilet paper".

Today while we were shopping for groceries I looked at my list to make sure I had everything on it and saw "flat turkey chicken". I stifled a chuckle and headed right for the deli. When my number came up I almost asked for said turkey chicken.

From now I'll tell him that pork, fish and any other white meat is just plain old "flat turkey chicken" and see if he eats it.

No comments: