Saturday, December 24, 2005

Plus BBQ equals 50 degrees C

It's 3.30pm and hot as hell. It's about 37 degrees C in the house right now and the humidity is high. We got a plea call from my mother asking if I could cook the ham. I agreed. It can't be that hard. It looks and smells delicious but it wasn't all that easy. First I had to peel off the rind and then mix up the glaze and then coat the ham with the glaze, cook it for an hour, glaze again, cook for another hour and a half. The heat from the oven has turned the house into a sauna.



Ben grilled up some vegetables for me for my contribution of grilled vegetable salad for Christmas Day lunch tomorrow. Of course he had to have beer while doing that and I had to join him. It was HOT! The above pics are of just that. The capsicum is perfectly grilled and now marinating with the zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms.


Maya made chistmas themed chocolates for everyone before being whisked off to Nanna's to help with the planning of the Christmas feast over there.

I hope it cools down tonight because I want to eat like I've never eaten before. Christmas dinner with my mother is a treat not to be missed!

No comments: