Monday, November 07, 2005

The Delicious Dance
















Henry spent hours getting in and out of this dolls pram and pushing it around. I think we'll have to get him one for Christmas.

When we arrived home from Toowoomba yesterday he was delighted to once again have access to the saucepan drawer. He thought he might just enjoy a little bit of dancing around the pot before attempting to get into it. He has a special dance that we've called the "Delicious Dance". He dances a funny jig while saying "licious" when he's just eaten something delicious.



We've just spent the weekend in Toowoomba. A nice idea but it's always such an effort to get away and one always comes home more exhausted than when one left. Even for a night the car needs to be packed to the brim with prams, travel cots, nappies, pillows, suitcases etc...It was fun though and we got to spend some time with my sister and her husband and children. It took us almost all day to get there and it's less than an hours drive away. First we had to have the usual morning routine of getting up, feeding Henry, having breakfast ourselves and then laze around on the lounge chair for a few hours while thinking about getting organised (well I don't do this but certain other people I won't mention do). I wanted to leave when Henry was due for a sleep but this didn't work out because thinking about getting organised took longer than I expected so he had his sleep and then we left. Fortunately he was entertained in the back seat by Maya the whole way who lovingly read him books and pointed out all the big trucks as we went past. We arrived eary afternoon. It started to pour with rain shortly after that. The boys set in for an afternoon of boy gossip and a few beers. The girls (my sister and I), as girls do, went off to buy supplies for the evening dinner while the boys relaxed because Lord knows they needed it. They work so hard!

Henry had a sleep in my sister's air conditioned bedroom while the other children played happily. My sister then informed me that she would be taking care of her husband's niece and nephew for the night also. It was a full house. Busy and loud. There were also another couple who came for dinner so we had equal proportions of adults and children. Fun!!!!

Henry had a great time because there was grass to play on (we have none) a puppy to chase after, kids to play with and new toys to inspect and destroy.

Maya was such a delight and took care of the other children and her bossiness came in very handy in keeping them under control. We enjoyed a BBQ dinner and conversation before bed. Of course Henry woke at his usual hour of 5am. We had breakfast and left to come home. All of us tired and ready to go to bed ourselves. Henry had only had a half hour sleep in the car and so we put him down for a nap at around 3.30pm and he slept until 4.30am this morning. We didn't get to bed until around 9.30pm as we got a little distracted by Australian Idol on the television.

I decided, as you do, to do a spot of gardening just before the sun went down and lost a gold pinky ring. I think it's gone forever but I will attempt to have a good look for it. I guess if it's gone it's gone. Maya has promised to help me look for it when she comes home from school this afternoon. We'll see if she keeps that promise.


I'm going to attempt to do a few jobs around here while Henry sleeps. More to come soon.

2 comments:

Carla said...

my goodness - that sounds like a very non-relaxing weekend!!! and straight after your sister's birthday weekend!! you need a weekend WITHOUT KIDS Michelle!!

Claire said...

Yeah. Maybe I'll book a trip to Mars. It takes a few weeks to get there doesn't it? I don't think they let kids go there.