Saturday, November 26, 2005

Please call me late next week.

Please call me late next week.

I imagine that 99.9% of the worlds population who use English as a first language understand what that sentence means. Ellie, from the Mathematics Learning Institue doesn't.

She called me on Thursday to try to make a time for a representative from their company to come out and show us how their fantastic learning system works. Apropos Maya. They teach not only math skills but grammar and english skills. I told her I wouldn't be free in the time slots she offered. Of course she pushed on. I asked her to call me late next week to see how my schedule was looking then. Not that I really want to check this overpriced opportunity out. I just didn't want to say NO.

Anyway she called me Friday night. I told her I had asked her to call LATE NEXT WEEK. She apologised and said she hadn't made a note of that. She called again this morning, it only being the Saturday after the Friday. Again I reminded her that I asked her to call LATE NEXT WEEK. She apologised again and again said she hadn't made a note of that.

Now I'm guessing she has no math skill or English skill. She can't count how many days away from Thursday late next week may be nor does she know how to take notes meaning she obviously can't read or write very well. Next time she calls I may suggest she make an appointment for herself.

No comments: